Slow-Cooker Red Wine Beef Stew
Total Time: 8:20
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 c. beef stock
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 lb. carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package cremini mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 large celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 3 lb. pot roast, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 1 c. dry red wine
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for serving
- Whisk together stock, flour, and mustard in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add carrots, mushrooms, onion, celery, garlic, and thyme; stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to slow cooker. Add tomato paste to skillet and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add wine and cook, scraping up browned bits, 30 seconds; add to slow cooker.
- Discard thyme. Remove beef and shred with 2 forks; return to cooker. Stir in butter.
- Cover and cook until beef is tender, on low heat 7 to 8 hours or high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve topped with parsley.
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstach
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cashews
- Combine cornstarch and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce sugar, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and cashews in small bowl; pour over chicken. (I like my cashews to be softer so I add them during the cooking process, if you want more of a crunch, add them right before serving)
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes