1. Ginger-Peach Soda
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 very ripe peaches
- 2 L Seltzer
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, bring 1 cup water, sugar, and ginger to a gentle simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove simple syrup from heat, cover, and steep for about 30 minutes.
- Over a medium bowl, pour syrup through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing minced ginger against sieve with the back of a spoon to extract flavor. Discard ginger. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Evenly distribute peach slices among 8 tall glasses. For each glass, lightly press peaches with the back of a wooden spoon to release their juice. Pour about 2 tablespoons chilled syrup over peaches. (Store remaining syrup in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.) Add ice cubes; then top with seltzer. Stir to distribute syrup, peach juice, and seltzer evenly. Garnish with 2 mint leaves.
2. Sparkling Thyme Lemonade
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 3 c. Club Soda
- bourbon (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Add thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer (do not stir) until sugar dissolves, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool completely; remove thyme.
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice and cooled syrup. Add soda and serve over ice with a splash of bourbon (if using).
3. Brazilian Lemonade
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 limes
- 6 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Mix water and sugar together until sugar is dissolved. Put in the fridge to chill until ready to use.
- Use soap and water to thoroughly wash the limes. You want to scrub really well because you are going to be using the whole lime! After you’ve washed and scrubbed your limes, cut the ends off the limes (DO NOT MISS THIS STEP!) and then cut them into eighths.
- Place half of the limes and half of the sugar water in your blender and pulse 5 times. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into the pitcher that you are going to serve it in. Discard the pulp. Repeat with the second half of your limes and sugar water. Mix in the sweetened condensed milk. Serve over lots of ice.