Frittata Muffin Recipe
6 EGGS 1/2 cup milk 1/4 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz.) 3/4 cup chopped zucchini 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
Yields: 6 servings/12 muffin frittatas
- HEAT oven to 350°F. BEAT eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until well-blended. ADD cheese, zucchini, bell pepper and onion; mix well. SPOON evenly into 12 greased muffin cups, about 1/4 cup each.
- BAKE in 350°F oven until just set, 20 to 22 minutes. COOL on wire rack 5 minutes. REMOVE from cups; serve warm.
Egg, Sausage & Cheddar Breakfast Bowl
2 EGGS 2 tbsp. milk 2 tbsp. fully-cooked breakfast sausage crumbles OR 1 fully-cooked breakfast sausage link or patty, chopped 1 tbsp. finely shredded Cheddar cheese
Yields: 1 serving
- COAT 2-cup microwave-safe cereal bowl with cooking spray. ADD eggs and milk; BEAT until blended. ADD sausage.
- MICROWAVE on HIGH 45 seconds; push cooked edges toward center. MICROWAVE until eggs are almost set, about 45 to 60 seconds longer.
- TOP with cheese. SERVE immediately.
Classic Broccoli & Cheese Omelet
2 EGGS 2 tbsp. water 1/3 cup cooked broccoli florets 2 tbsp. finely shredded Cheddar cheese salt and pepper, OPTIONAL
Yields: 1 serving
- BEAT eggs and water in small bowl until blended.
- COAT 6 to 8-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray. HEAT over medium-high heat until hot. POUR IN egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- GENTLY PUSH cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. CONTINUE cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, PLACE broccoli and cheese on one side of the omelet. FOLD omelet in half with turner. With a quick flip of the wrist, turn pan and INVERT or SLIDE omelet onto plate. SEASON with salt and pepper, if desired.