Curry Sweet Potatoes with Broccoli and Cashews
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 5 celery stalks, cut in half lengthwise and chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup cashews pieces/halves
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- (optional) large curly lettuce leaves for garnish
- Add cubed sweet potatoes to a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender (about 5 minutes). Do not overcook potatoes or they will lose their shape. Drain and set aside.
- Steam broccoli florets until tender-crisp.
- Add potatoes, broccoli, red pepper, celery, raisins cashews and cilantro to a large bowl; gently fold to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine vegan mayonnaise, curry, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Add olive oil; stir to incorporate. Add water; stir to incorporate. Add to sweet potato mixture and gently fold to combine all ingredients. May be served warm, room temperature or chilled. Plate individual servings on a single large curly lettuce leaf if desired.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store bought
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika or sumac
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish or two smaller baking dishes with cooking spray.
Pat the chicken dry. Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
If using one baking dish, place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the pan with smoked paprika or sumac. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.
**If using two pans, use one for the chicken and one for the vegetables.**
Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
Pecan Pesto Salmon
- 2 wild caught Alaskan salmon filets
- 1½ cups fresh basil
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¼ cup pecorino cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- Sea Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place salmon in a pan and season lightly with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork
- Blend the remaining ingredients in a food processor until the mixture becomes incorporated but slightly chunky.
- Serve pesto drizzled over the salmon