Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, toasted
- 2 leaves lettuce
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado half into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and oil; mash until mostly smooth. Add chopped eggs, celery, chives, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Divide the mixture between 2 slices of toast. Top each with a piece of lettuce and another slice of toast.
Tomato-&-Avocado Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- ¼ avocado, mashed Hass Avocados
- 3 slices Roma tomato
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mixed salad greens or baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium ripe pear
- Lay bread on work surface. Spread avocado on one slice. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Toast both pieces of bread in a toaster oven until the plain piece is toasted and the cheese is starting to melt on the topped piece, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the toast from the toaster oven with a spatula, and mound greens (or spinach) on top of the cheese side. Drizzle with vinegar and top with the remaining toast. Cut in half if desired and serve with pear.
Tuna & Avocado Sweet Potato Toast
- 1 large slice sweet potato ( ¼ inch thick)
- ¼ ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon julienned carrot
- 1 teaspoon chopped pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon flaked oil-packed tuna
- ½ teaspoon slivered nori
- ⅛ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Toast sweet potato in a toaster or toaster oven until just cooked through and starting to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Top with avocado, carrot, ginger, tuna, nori and sesame seeds.